Branch Manager is responsible for all of the work to establish/successful functioning of branch where ever posted. Duties include:
- He is directly reported to Area manger
- To implement Capital Trust’s model branch plans by following the procedures/systems being at various existing/proposed Districts.
- To increase the outreach of the branch for the attainment of financial viability in a cost effective way.
- To conduct Group Recognition Tests for groups in his branch.
- To supervise the field staff working under him including their work in the field. The BM must visit minimum 20 different Centres per week. One copy of the Center Visit Reports must be sent to the AM/DM, while another maintained at the Branch.
- BM follow-up AM monitoring Report.
- The BM must keep vigil and take immediate action over detected frauds/irregularities by staff and inform the same to the supervisors.
- To ensure that the targets allotted to each field staff and branch as a whole are achieved positively and also to ensure that net increase as per target is achieved positively.
- To get the daily records updated and necessary periodical reporting made to the higher authorities.
- To report weekly the transactions of the branch (with CDS or applicable report) for entry into MIS at the District Office
- To ensure maintenance of the furniture and other items at the branch and keep them; in good working condition.
- To ensure that the expenditure of the branch is well within the allocated budget.
- To ensure that the branch premises is maintained in good condition.
- To update/keep a track over the various agreements with landlord etc. and ensure that proper timely action is taken to avoid any inconvenience for proper functioning of the branch.
Preparation and submission of Periodical monitoring and financial reports/statements for the branch to appropriate authorities. Any other duty/function that would assist Capital Trust to reduce poverty in the area of operation.
|Job Category||Full time|